Published: 15:45, February 18, 2026
ROK says 3 civilians send drones to DPRK 4 times
By Xinhua
These images, taken on Jan 4, 2026, and released as a combo image by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Jan 10, 2026, show wreckage of a drone that DPRK claims originated from the Republic of Korea, and brought down by specialized electronic warfare assets. (PHOTO / HANDOUT VIA AFP)

SEOUL -- Three civilians from the Republic of Korea (ROK) sent drones to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) four times since the inauguration of the current government, ROK's unification minister said Wednesday.

Unification Minister Chung Dong-young told a televised press briefing that the investigation results of the joint military-police investigative body revealed four drone infiltrations on Sept 27, Nov 16, Nov 22 last year and Jan. 4 this year.