Published: 12:13, November 29, 2025
Top Ukrainian presidential aide submits resignation
By Xinhua
Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak talks to the press at the US Mission to International Organizations in Geneva, Switzerland, Nov 23, 2025. (PHOTO / AP)

KIEV/MOSCOW - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on Friday that the head of his office Andriy Yermak has submitted a letter of resignation.

"I want there to be no questions about Ukraine. Therefore, the following internal decisions are being made today: first - the presidential office will be rebooted. The head of the office, Andriy Yermak, has submitted his resignation," Zelensky said in a video address.

Earlier in the day, anti-corruption authorities conducted searches in Yermak's home as part of an investigation, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau said, without giving further details.

"Investigative actions were authorized and are being carried out as a part of the investigation," the bureau said in a statement on Telegram.

In a post on social media X, Yermak confirmed the searches at his home, saying that the investigators encountered "no obstacles."

"They were given full access to the apartment, my lawyers are on site cooperating with law enforcement officers," Yermak said.

Zelensky thanked Yermak, saying that Ukraine's negotiating position had always been presented properly and had always been a patriotic one.

Last week, Yermak was appointed as head of the Ukrainian delegation for talks with the United States, Russia and other relevant parties.

Adjusted Ukraine peace plan coveyed to Russia

Separately, Moscow has received the parameters of the peace plan for Ukraine adjusted following consultations in Geneva, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday.

"The main parameters have been communicated, and there will be a discussion in Moscow next week," Peskov said.

He said that the Kremlin will not disclose all details of the plan, adding that everything will be discussed.

READ MORE: Zelensky signals readiness to develop peace plan into 'deeper agreements'

A US-proposed 28-point peace plan was unveiled last week. Following its release, representatives from the United States, Ukraine and several European countries met in Geneva on Sunday to discuss the plan.

Through discussions, the plan has been cut down to 19 points but has not been made public, marking the latest shift in the ongoing diplomatic push to end the Ukraine crisis.