RT-Banner-2020C.gif

China Daily

News> Nation> Content
Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 16:06
Over 104,800 deliverymen in Beijing test negative for virus
By Xinhua
Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 16:06 By Xinhua

Delivery workers hand parcels to people in a residential compound in Beijing's Xicheng district on June 17, 2020. (CHEN ZHONGHAO / XINHUA)

BEIJING - Major mail and express delivery companies in Beijing have completed nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 on their employees as planned and reported that all results came back negative, according to official data.

By the end of Sunday, 104,807 people in the capital's postal sector have been tested, with all the results coming back negative, said the State Post Bureau (SPB).

By the end of Sunday, 104,807 people in the capital's postal sector have been tested, with all the results coming back negative, said the State Post Bureau

Since June 19, testing was conducted on individuals directly involved in postal services under the oversight of the Beijing Municipal Post Administration.

"We are doing the testing out of responsibility for the clients and ourselves," said Li Jie, a ZTO Express courier. Li said the company checks the body temperature of all couriers before work and provides protective gear like hand sanitizers, disposable gloves and face masks.

ALSO READ: Delivery jobs a refuge for idled workers

The SPB said it will ensure supply of daily necessities for Beijing residents while taking necessary containment measures, urging delivery service providers to step up the disinfection of workplaces and packages. 

Mainland reports 19 new cases, 7 in Beijing

Chinese health authorities said Tuesday it received reports of 19 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Monday, including eight transmitted domestically and 11 imported ones.

Out of the eight domestic cases, seven were reported in Beijing and one in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

No deaths related to the disease were reported Monday, according to the commission.

Students wearing face masks attend lessons at Jilin No.1 Elementary School in Jilin city, northeast China's Jilin province, June 29, 2020, as students in their first and second grades of junior high schools and fourth to sixth grades of primary schools returned to school. (ZHANG NAN / XINHUA)

On Monday, nine people were discharged from hospital after recovery, and one new suspected case imported from abroad was reported in Shanghai.

As of Monday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,531, including 428 patients who were still being treated, with seven in severe conditions.

Out of the eight domestic cases, seven were reported in Beijing and one in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in its daily report

ALSO READ: Beijing ups its nucleic acid testing capability

Altogether 78,469 people had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 4,634 people had died of the disease, the commission said.

By Monday, the Chinese mainland had reported a total of 1,918 imported cases. Out of all the imported cases, 1,830 had been discharged after recovery while 88 remained hospitalized. No deaths from imported cases had been reported.

The commission said there were currently seven suspected cases as of Monday.

According to the commission, 6,809 close contacts were still under medical observation after 458 people were discharged from medical observation on Monday.

Four new asymptomatic cases, including three imported, were reported on the mainland Monday, it said, adding that three asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases. Four asymptomatic cases were discharged from medical observation.

The commission said 99 asymptomatic cases, including 60 imported ones, were still under medical observation.

READ MORE: COVID-19 'contained' as new cases drop in Beijing


In addition to the seven newly confirmed local cases reported on Monday, Beijing also saw one asymptomatic case, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.

No new suspected cases were registered and one patient was discharged from hospital after recovery on Monday, the commission said in a daily report.

From June 11 to 29, Beijing has reported 325 confirmed local cases, of which 324 were still hospitalized. There were still 27 asymptomatic cases under medical observation, according to the commission.

By Monday, 1,203 confirmed cases, including seven deaths, had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 447 in Taiwan, including seven deaths.

A total of 1,105 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 435 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.

Share this story

CHINA DAILY
HONG KONG NEWS
OPEN
Please click in the upper right corner to open it in your browser !